In feng shui the kitchen represents nourishment and prosperity. It is seen as a direct reflection of the state of your health. Logically it follows that the fridge plays a key role. To help you make the most of the space in your fridge and to maximise the positive energy flow here are a few tips to follow.
One of the most important principles in feng shui is for spaces to be clean, well-organised and clutter-free.
- If you are buying a new fridge choose one with a variety of compartments to store different food stuffs separately
- De-clutter your fridge! Get rid of outdated appliances or, where possible, combine kitchen equipment. The new BIBO water dispenser sits neatly outside the fridge and can replace your old filter jug and kettle, providing filtered water at hot, cold or room temperature
- Clean your fridge regularly. Throw away out of date foods or no longer wanted items and use an equal mix of bleach and water to wipe the inside walls, the shelves, the racks and the drawers
- Remember to wipe down the outside of the fridge with a cleaner, including any door handles
- To get rid of unwanted smells in your fridge put an open box of baking soda or some charcoal in a dish. Placed in the centre of the fridge this will absorb the smells
- Keep meats as low down as possible in the fridge and keep them separate from other foods where possible. This is to avoid any meat juices dripping down and contaminating other products
- Finally, according to the feng shui masters, your chances of fame can be increased if the top of your fridge is clutter free and clean. If the bottom or underneath of your fridge is free from dust and dirt you your career prospects could be improved.